Monday, July 5, 2010

Curried Apple and Shrimp Wraps

Recipe from Save-On-Foods Healthy Recipes.

This "dinner" was a perfect recipe to start with my summer goal because it didn't really require much cooking. Although it didn't take me much out of my comfort zone, it was something new and it was a nice summer-patio-type dish.

The hardest part of this recipe is peeling and chopping the mango, and cleaning the blender afterwards. :) I would give it 9/10 for ease of preparation.

The combination of the mango-curry sauce with the apples and shrimp was especially delicious. I would give it 10/10 for taste! Yum. I would recommend having just one amply-filled tortilla, with a side salad. I ate 2 tortillas and was immediately regretful. Plus, with each tortilla being 311 calories, there's no need to double-up.

The cookbook tip says to fill the wraps and store them in the fridge for up to 2 hours in order to make them more stable. This is probably a great idea too, since it can get a little messy.

There's enough to make about 6 tortillas - so some for lunch tomorrow! Yay.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Initially I never would have really thought to put apples and shrimp together. But on seeing the pictures... mmmmmm...

Barb said...

You should check out the Pioneer Woman (she's on my blog list). In her recipe section, she includes photos at each step and she has so many delicious dishes!

Anonymous said...

Initially I wasn't sure about apples and shrimp together. But I'll definitely take your word, and the picture certainly looks tasty.... mmmmmmmm...