Sunday, July 27, 2008

Iona to Mull, back to Oban

Hello lovely people,

Today we left Iona after worshipping in the famed Iona Abbey. Although I felt like a total poser in there, I quite enjoyed listening to the singing (reminded me of that gospel course me & Dad took last summer) and there were moments when the three-part harmony came together, and it echoed throughout the stone walls and it just felt really... well, neat. :) So beautiful.

We took the short ferry back to Mull, drove the short way back to the other end of the island, and then caught the other ferry back to Oban. What a nice city this is... right on the water, with amazing views and quite the atmosphere. We had a cheap(ish) dinner and chocolate-chip mint ice cream, yummm.

Back to hostel living... although it feels markedly better to not be arriving in the middle of the night and actually getting to stay in a girl's dorm. :) There is some kind of party going on here tonight, so the hostel lounge (where I am writing this email) is alive with balloons and cake and drinks and people... and some guy is dressed in drag, doing his best to freak people out I think. Didn't work on me!

Tomorrow we are back on the road to Fort William, and then on to Skye. We love it here; we might not come home. Just so ya know...

How is the weather there? Are you enjoying summer? Tell me how your life is!!
Cheers,
xo
Elaan

No comments: