Monday, July 15, 2013

Arrived safe & sound in London. :)

So, the first of my 6 flights is done and over with! Not without a few stories, though. :) The woman seated next to me looked to be in her mid-50's, very prim and proper. We exchanged a few niceties but she was more interested in complaining about how airline service has deteriorated over the years, and doing her makeup, which she did, three times.

I think she would have been even more horrified than I to realize that a woman behind us was slowly inching her bare feet up the backs of our arm rests and into our personal space. I don't have any issues with feet except when they belong to strangers and encroach upon my personal space. Lucky for Ms. Prim & Proper, she was in the washroom when it happened, although she may have been wondering why I kept looking behind both sides of me (obviously trying to head off a foot ambush).

Flight went quickly, I might have slept a little although I don't know how much. Managed to find the right train station that took me to the subway that took me to the bus that took me to my hotel. However, I almost fell backwards down an escalator (made an incredulous save), got my luggage stuck in the subway doors as they were closing and required 3 gentlemen and 1 lady to help me get out of that mess (thank goodness), and missed my hotel by several stops. And to top it off, even though I was able to check in early, the gentleman who showed me my room beat a very hasty retreat when he realized that there were some loud extra-curricular activities going on in the room next door. Ha!

Oh, but the best thing? I forgot to mention that when Ms. P&P and I were getting acquainted, she asked me if I was on my "gap year."  Isn't a gap year students take to travel in between finishing school and starting work?? Awesome!!... I fooled HER. :) Naw, I fessed up to being a teacher. I just didn't let on that my gap year would have been 13 years ago.  I'll just cherish that accidental compliment for a while. :D

Meeting with the wonderful S tomorrow after I change hotels. Not sure yet what to do today or tomorrow. I was trying to arrange a tour to Stonehenge but it didn't happen. Honestly, I might just take this time to relax! :)

Cheers

E!

No comments: