Sunday, January 2, 2011

Top Movies of 2010

In no particular order, here are my top 7 movies of 2010:

1. Shutter Island - I LOVE it when a movie isn't predictable. And this one sure wasn't.

2. Hot Tub Time Machine - Yes, I said it. Admittedly, it was not a theatrical masterpiece, but it had me laughing. If you suspend your logic and expectations, you are in for a good time.

3. Inception - Never seen anything like it before. And I loved the ending.

4. Easy A - Clever. Teen movie, yes. But quite clever.

5. The Town - A little cheesy. But I liked it. Ben Affleck does well, I think.

6. The Fighter - Gotta admit it, I am a sucker for sports-movies. Oh, and also a sucker for "based on a true story" movies. So this one was extra good.

7. The Social Network - Perhaps my overall favourite, and the most surprising. Upon seeing the trailer and groaning "oh no, not a movie about Facebook," I succumbed to the good press and was incredibly entertained. Very intelligent dialogue.


Looking forward to some great movies in 2011...

No comments: