Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Teen Angst

OMG, I found this poem that I wrote when I was still a teenager, it's so cheesy it cracks me up:


Untitled

Happiness, I had it once
not a worry on this earth
No upset or disappointment
could make me hide my mirth

The sun would shine on rainy days
and I was never without a doubt
That there was one reason, one reason only
why it had all come about

I must admit, it was because of him
that my dreary days were light
But now it's gone away forever
lost without even a fight

It still pains to think of my trust
and I can't even try
To think of wanting another man
to replace that shitty guy

But now I think it's better for us
to be so far apart
Cause if I wasn't so important to him
then he didn't deserve my heart

I know that when he talks to friends
he may try to laugh or boast
But me, I'll sit back and smile
cause he lost out the most.

No comments: