Friday, September 28, 2007

Intimidating words

Intimidating words I read in my first article assigned for my MEd class:

eulogistic
de jure
despotically
capricious
insuperable
incommensurability
flux
inure
antithetical
obverse

Since I spend my day with teenagers, I barely get to use a word above 2 or 3 syllables... so in a way, this is a refreshing change. Or at least that's what I was thinking by the end of the first page of the article. After a few more pages, when my eyes teared up and I had shaken my head to clear it before reading a paragraph over for the umpteenth time to try and ascertain some vague meaning from it.. I decided that plain language would be better. Hey, who knows, maybe this course will make me smarter?!! :P If not more intelligent, surely a more adept thesaurusizer (is that a real word? who cares, it's 5 syllables!!).

No comments: